02 April 2010

I need a route!

Around Australia is a great idea, but it's 10 days before I depart and I haven't much of an idea where I'm going.  Planning so far consists of getting off this island and onto the big one.


View Larger Map


Some people would say it's a good thing to be free of plans; to go where the wind takes me and be in the moment.  Those people are called hippies and they don't understand my upbringing: two first-born children who married and became teachers are the biological basis for the way I think.  Hence I'm a bit of a planner.  I feel uncomfortable if I don't know what's going to happen next.  Inconveniently, I'm also pathologically afraid of making mistakes, so I tend to avoid making plans until the last minute.  Which is now.

OK, so baby steps, Timmy boy.  Clockwise or anticlockwise?

*coin flip*

Anticlockwise!

Phew, time for a drink.

8 comments:

  1. assuming you don't want to blast out of vic, you could head out toward lakes entrance and then over the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dave, I'll get out the trusty atlas and have a look. Lakes Entrance sounds familiar - I'm guessing it's worth a look? I'm in no rush, so hopefully I can do a bit of the coast and some of the highlands as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anticlockwise? Are you sure? Better to make it best of three.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Amy, I'm locked in. Just think, it'll mean my visit to you will be over sooner rather than later. It's win-win, yeah? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have a four wheel drive option? You should definitely put Carnarvon Gorge and Mt Moffat National Park in your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm on a motorbike, Anonymous...even two wheel drive is out of the question! I've been to Carnarvon as a kid and really want to get back there...will have to check out the road when I'm in the area.

    Adam, I've done a few jaunts in Tas, so I'm shooting straight for the mainland now. Maybe a victory lap when I get back?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have to do a lap or two of Mt Panorama

    ReplyDelete