17 April 2010

Trav takes the reins

Today's map.

Distance today: ~260km

Google Maps gives me the shivering poos.  I don't have anything as fancy as a GPS aboard the Rev, so Google is my only real option when planning my route for the day.  On Thursday morning, it turned out that Google, for all its wisdom, got the route to my rendezvous with Trav completely wrong.  I turned up late and frazzled after trying to negotiate Melbourne traffic with the wrong directions for a second time.

As soon as I rolled up the driveway and saw Trav's shiny, borrowed steed, everything was peachy again. He was on his beloved iPhone, which appears to be his third love, after JoJo and noisy flatulence.  Damn, it was good to see him again!

After the greeting and a quick lunch at the local food court (I caught way too much attention dressed in only my singlet top and riding bottoms), our route took us into the heart of the Yarra Valley.  We left the touristy bits for another day, seeking the best bits of road to bypass the highway and get us to Trav's place in Traralgon South.  The towering forests were truly beautiful, even if we could only really take in their beauty when we stopped to pee on them.

 Shortly after a pee.

(As a side note, Trav's bladder never developed much beyond his time as a foetus.  As a result, at least half of the trees in the Yarra Ranges enjoyed a healthy watering during our trip.)

Passing through Moe and then Yallourn, we stopped at one of the Latrobe Valley power stations to take some photos.  

 Yallourn Station, rider and Reverend.

 Trav the FZ.

 Cooling tower and the bikes.

 Trav, peeing on Yallourn.

 Bikes on Yallourn (ya lawn...ahahaha).

More riding (and urine) later we arrived, devastatingly tired, at Trav and Jo's house.  It was time to rest and recuperate so we got out the chainsaw and spent half an hour cutting down dozens of trees for a bonfire.  Trav never lets time or tiredness get in the way of a project.

I'm tired and out of time, so I'll put photos of the ensuing feast up tomorrow.  Til then.

3 comments:

  1. Another great story - very entertaining and quite factual-foetus bladder, hahahaha!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos, it's fantastic to see and hear how much fun you are having!!!! I am missing you like crazy, but also crazy happy to see you living your dream!! p.s nice to see my token scarf in the photos !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trav marked his territory all the way from Hobart to Traralgon when we drove in convoy when they moved back to Vic....

    ReplyDelete