11 April 2010

It's time to go

Sunday night; LT and me are on the couch with the cat, watching TV and eating garlic bread.  Life is warm and good, inside the house at least.  Outside, it's all gone a bit:

Partly cloudy with showers and isolated thunderstorms, tending to rain this evening with possible heavy falls during the morning. Rain gradually easing to showers tomorrow and contracting to the south during the afternoon and evening. Snowfalls about the highest peaks at first. Cool to cold with light to moderate northwest winds becoming strong to gale force and gusty southwest to southerly early in the morning. (Courtesy WeatherZone)

Awesome!  Weather like this is the best for putting your thick socks on and not wasting a single calorie with anything so futile as going outside to check for new junk mail.

Not so awesome:  D-Day is tomorrow and I have to ride in the above weather with newish tyres and 30kg of gear.  While half of me is trying to burrow under the bedsheets and forget about it, the other half - the one that got me into bikes in the first place - is going "yyyYYYYEAAHHH!  Adventure!!!"

I honestly can't wait for this trip to start.  If it happens to rain a little and I suffer severe shrinkage for several hours, then bully for me.  That's what this whole stupid idea is about.  It's everything that nine to five in an office is not.  It's a challenge way outside my comfort zone.  It's the chance to see if I'm even half the man I think I am and maybe enjoy the hell out of the evaluation process.

I'll talk more about why I need to do this trip later.  Right now, I've got the girl I love and dessert to attend to.  Catch you on the mainland.

7 comments:

  1. Good luck timmy, try to keep it rubber side down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys! I'm a bit nervy this morning but ready to burn rubber. As long as I can get past Bridgewater in one piece I should be right for the rest of the trip...

    Hey A, fancy a visitor some time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best Timmy from Bill and I - love ur posts, very funny! Dont worry bout LT, we will make sure she has company. Looking forward to hearing about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. T-dog! this is probably the most awesome thing that i know anyone has done. Good luck and please come back in one piece. I'll keep a beer on ice...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiiiiim! This is so super exciting!! I'm so proud of you for getting out there and smashing the crap out of your comfort zone. It'll be an oil change for your mind unlike no other!

    Travel safe and stay in touch my friend - let me know when you want to go on a safari of the North Coast - I can't wait for a tea with T at the beach with me & E!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Ez, I'll definitely be coming your way and a tour would be most thrilling! Even if the tour is just a short hop between cafes and the beautiful beach, I'm there. It'd be great to meet the other E and hang out, so you'll be hearing from me in a few weeks :-)

    ReplyDelete