09 April 2010

Two's company

Best news ever!

I got a Skype call from my engineering mate Trav the other night.  This gentlemen (police file photo at right) is one of the reasons I took the plunge with bikes in the first place.  His tear-arse good company and mechanical wizardry kept me entertained and educated while he was living in Tassie with his gorgeous partner JoJo.

He's now living on the north island and it seems he got wind of my impending motorcycle experiment.  He's just back from some major overseas travel, competing in a Nordic Biathlon event.  Despite having stuff-all annual leave up his sleeve, the bugger offered to flex off a few extra days, hire a bike and COME RIDING WITH ME for a weekend!!

Stoked doesn't half describe me :-)

In the course of the phone call, he revealed he was even considering buying a bike so he could join me for a while, until rego and insurance put the kybosh on that.  The man never does things by halves...

All going well, Trav'll be saddling up on one of these:

 Yamaha FZ6-N

Mad, bad and should be more fun than a bunch of rattlesnakes in the kid's ball pit at Ikea.  I can't wait to ride together!

Three days til departure and I'm having a bit of trouble sleeping.  I'm hoping that'll take care of itself once I'm on the road.  Fancy dinner with LT tonight; I'm going to miss her almost as much as I'll miss normal food!

(Just joking hon...we're still on for dinner tonight aren't we?  Babe?...)

No comments:

Post a Comment